- Posted by hcpg on March 23rd, 2016 at 4:05 pm
We’ve been on StockTwits since 2009 and are grateful for the opportunity to be able to first hand watch how the community has grown and matured while being able to interact with a number of fantastic individuals. StocksTwits has been good to us –here’s some love back:
Let’s start with some caveats– 1) there are more than 10 we follow and whom we like; it really is impossible to narrow it down to 10, so consider this a sampling; 2) purely StockTwits list, we have left out some guys who are mostly just on Twitter. 3) for the most part we pay attention to other traders who trade like us — extreme confirmation bias. We’ve been at this game for a long time and if we get into a trade, we don’t want other opinions (if we’re wrong, well, that’s what stops are for), as we don’t want to second-guess ourselves. Once we enter, we want to execute the trade according to the original plan. Too much tweaking minimizes gains over long term. We know this runs counter to what most “experts” say, but it’s the way we trade, and it works for us.
1. AlphaTrends @alphatrends — Brian is an all-around solid trader. He trades with different indicators than us but we often find he comes up with same price/numbers as the ones we’re watching. Different hiking paths but ending up on the same mountain summit.
2. Howard @howardlindzon Love his self-deprecating humor but don’t be fooled, he not only has great instinct on his own trades but also has very good intuition on which trades from his own follows he wants to pay attention to at specific times. Smart man who surrounds himself with smart people.
3. Ivanhoff @ivanhoff Our favorite Bulgarian. Trend type trading, longer time-frame than us but similar reads. Again, good head on his shoulders.
4. Jackdamn @jackdamn Good charting on relevant information — quiet guy, but does the job.
5. Scott Redler @reddogt3 Scott has very similar style to our type of trading and we often find ourselves in the same trades (in fact his firm T3 and HCPG had a partnership for subscribers back in 2010). Probably the trader most similar to us in terms of style and time frame. Sharp guy.
6. Steve Burns @sjosephburns One of the few who actually doesn’t often trade like us but whom we like to follow on stream. Wealth of knowledge, very good reminders with risk management and trading education. Does a lot for the trading community.
7. Steve Place @stevenplace Very smart guy — we ignore his options stuff (!) but like his other more relevant (to us) posts, and again, often find ourselves in similar trades. Great sense of humor.
8. Steven Spencer @sspencer_smb Our third Steve on the list! But he’s worth mentioning — Steve is man of all talents prop trader who has his finger in many different pots. Again, similar trading to us even though he’s likely more a risk taker (ahem, degenerate).
9. 8. Sunrise Trader @sunrisetrader Great trader, tons of positive energy, and classiest guy on our stream, bar none. Incredibly generous with his feedback and with helping newer traders. Good pull-back trader with strict risk-management rules.
10. Frank Zorilla @zortrades Zor is our man — a wily little fox. He’s the guy on the other side of the noob trade. Grizzled veteran, has been around the block, seen lots of things, and knows the game inside and out. Follow Zor.
Again, as stated, there are many more we follow and respect, and apologies to everyone we left out but whom we follow. Enjoy. HCPG
Monthly BB history: 2000, 2008, and 2016?
Posted by hcpg on January 11th, 2016 at 12:55 pm
The data set is small — but it’s an interesting pattern. In the last 20 years $SPY has hit the lower monthly BB in […]
Assessing the damage
Posted by hcpg on August 22nd, 2015 at 10:12 pm
It was a pivotal week even before Thursday and Friday. On Tuesday night we sent this to our subs about the IWM: “Most important […]
When to anticipate a swing breakout
Posted by hcpg on June 1st, 2015 at 10:11 pm
We were asked this evening if we have a blog post that deals with when we anticipate a swing breakout versus when we wait for […]
Be complacent, be long, enjoy the bull market…but only against this
Posted by hcpg on May 21st, 2015 at 3:42 pm
There will always be something in the market to make a bull/bear argument. There’s always something that doesn’t fit, that is giving a red flag. […]
The new tell
Posted by hcpg on May 10th, 2015 at 5:45 pm
As our readers and newsletter followers know we have been using the IWM trend-line as THE tell for months. The Russell has […]
Now things get interesting
Posted by hcpg on March 25th, 2015 at 6:03 pm
So where are we at? Well on Friday the $IWM closed above daily and WEEKLY upper Bollinger Bands. We posted this on Sunday. […]
First time in 2015
Posted by hcpg on March 10th, 2015 at 7:46 pm
The $SPY finally closed under the standard deviation 2 Bollinger Band for the first time in 2015. Does that make it an automatic buy? Hell […]
The plan ahead
Posted by hcpg on October 4th, 2014 at 3:33 pm
The (at least short-term) top on September 18 wasn’t too hard to predict. That’s not hindsight quarterbacking — on the same day we […]
Posted by hcpg on June 16th, 2014 at 7:43 pm
We used to blog a lot more before Twitter. It seems that at least for us both mediums draw from the same energy source. […]