- Posted by admin on June 16th, 2014 at 7:43 pm
We used to blog a lot more before Twitter. It seems that at least for us both mediums draw from the same energy source. We tweet, and blogging suffers. But we used to do this “Random Thoughts” posts quite often and are looking to resume the tradition. So without further ado:
– as long as the Russell is outperforming the $SPY we are not worried. We are trying to keep things simple — 115 was our zone last week and the $IWM has defended it like a champ. If that goes, we go to cash.
– theme here is solar/alt energy. They are right now the best looking sector along with energy and semis.
– If we had one indicator to choose from and nothing else it would be Bollinger Bands (standard deviation 1 and 2/20)
– Einhorn bubble stocks are inflating again but we can’t find any good set-ups there — but glad to have them back in the game.
– pretty interesting how market is completely ignoring the situation in Iraq (except for crude oil spike). Maybe they figure that fight (Sunni/Shiite) has been going on for 1500 years so what’s the diff? Whatevs? But this grizzled QE loving wolf of a market now post-financial crises/Euro contagion and countless other headline crises does not get panicked easily. You know how it goes — doesn’t matter until it does.
– we’ve been trading for over 17 years but it was HCPG 8 year anniversary on Friday. Woot! Things change, but not really. Still trade off daily charts, still look for bases to buy against…
Let us know if you like these type of posts — give us some feedback and if the reaction is positive we’ll go back to doing them. HCPG
Goodbye sweet trend
Posted by admin on March 28th, 2014 at 4:25 pm
What a week. For the first time in a long time (December 2012) the bulls were not able to defend the line: One of […]
Update III: Now what?
Posted by admin on February 9th, 2014 at 11:24 am
Our original post on the correction called for hard edges to trade against at $SPY 177 and 173. We got trades off both but […]
Will it be any different this time, part II
Posted by admin on February 3rd, 2014 at 2:55 pm
On Jan 26 we posted the first part of this post, Will it be any different this time? looking at two magnet spots we thought […]
Will it be any different this time?
Posted by admin on January 26th, 2014 at 1:31 pm
At the start of any correction the question on everyone’s mind is ‘will this be a buyable dip?’ We think ultimately the weekly 20sma […]
The perfect chart and goal
Posted by admin on January 17th, 2014 at 12:10 pm
A lot of us on StockTwits fit within different variations of what is called “active trading” even though personally we have slowed down a lot […]
Government shutdown/Debt crisis in perspective — see yellow box
Posted by admin on October 19th, 2013 at 7:15 pm
Weekly chart of the $SPY — the government shutdown/debt crisis October 01-17 is highlighted in yellow. Could it have been more inconsequential in […]
John Cleese telling it how it really is
Posted by admin on September 13th, 2013 at 2:38 pm
ALERTS TO THREATS IN 2013 EUROPE From JOHN CLEESE The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have […]
Bit of monthly perspective on the Russell
Posted by admin on August 30th, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Look at the difference between the trend on the Russell $IWM between 2003 to 2008 and 2008 to 2013. Note the blue rectangle and the […]
Keep swimming but with an eye on the shore
Posted by admin on May 18th, 2013 at 11:48 am
What a market. Our mantra for months now (and if you follow our stream you will have heard this a number of times) is […]
- Stock talk
- Goodbye sweet trend
- Update III: Now what?
- Will it be any different this time, part II
- Will it be any different this time?
- The perfect chart and goal
- Government shutdown/Debt crisis in perspective — see yellow box
- John Cleese telling it how it really is
- Bit of monthly perspective on the Russell
- Keep swimming but with an eye on the shore