10 StockTwits Follows for you
- Posted by hcpg
- on March 23rd, 2016
We’ve been on StockTwits since 2009 and are grateful for the opportunity to be able to first hand watch how the community has grown and matured while being able to interact with a number of fantastic individuals. StocksTwits has been good to us –here’s some love back:
Let’s start with some caveats– 1) there are more than 10 we follow and whom we like; it really is impossible to narrow it down to 10, so consider this a sampling; 2) purely StockTwits list, we have left out some guys who are mostly just on Twitter. 3) for the most part we pay attention to other traders who trade like us — extreme confirmation bias. We’ve been at this game for a long time and if we get into a trade, we don’t want other opinions (if we’re wrong, well, that’s what stops are for), as we don’t want to second-guess ourselves. Once we enter, we want to execute the trade according to the original plan. Too much tweaking minimizes gains over long term. We know this runs counter to what most “experts” say, but it’s the way we trade, and it works for us.
1. AlphaTrends @alphatrends — Brian is an all-around solid trader. He trades with different indicators than us but we often find he comes up with same price/numbers as the ones we’re watching. Different hiking paths but ending up on the same mountain summit.
2. Howard @howardlindzon Love his self-deprecating humor but don’t be fooled, he not only has great instinct on his own trades but also has very good intuition on which trades from his own follows he wants to pay attention to at specific times. Smart man who surrounds himself with smart people.
3. Ivanhoff @ivanhoff Our favorite Bulgarian. Trend type trading, longer time-frame than us but similar reads. Again, good head on his shoulders.
4. Jackdamn @jackdamn Good charting on relevant information — quiet guy, but does the job.
5. Scott Redler @reddogt3 Scott has very similar style to our type of trading and we often find ourselves in the same trades (in fact his firm T3 and HCPG had a partnership for subscribers back in 2010). Probably the trader most similar to us in terms of style and time frame. Sharp guy.
6. Steve Burns @sjosephburns One of the few who actually doesn’t often trade like us but whom we like to follow on stream. Wealth of knowledge, very good reminders with risk management and trading education. Does a lot for the trading community.
7. Steve Place @stevenplace Very smart guy — we ignore his options stuff (!) but like his other more relevant (to us) posts, and again, often find ourselves in similar trades. Great sense of humor.
8. Steven Spencer @sspencer_smb Our third Steve on the list! But he’s worth mentioning — Steve is man of all talents prop trader who has his finger in many different pots. Again, similar trading to us even though he’s likely more a risk taker (ahem, degenerate).
9. 8. Sunrise Trader @sunrisetrader Great trader, tons of positive energy, and classiest guy on our stream, bar none. Incredibly generous with his feedback and with helping newer traders. Good pull-back trader with strict risk-management rules.
10. Frank Zorilla @zortrades Zor is our man — a wily little fox. He’s the guy on the other side of the noob trade. Grizzled veteran, has been around the block, seen lots of things, and knows the game inside and out. Follow Zor.
Again, as stated, there are many more we follow and respect, and apologies to everyone we left out but whom we follow. Enjoy. HCPG
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus